A.R.T is committed to protecting your privacy.
Who We Are
Artist Rescue Trust (A.R.T.) exists to provide relief funding to musicians and artists whose ability to perform, tour and earn a living has been negatively affected by COVID-19.
A.R.T is a fiscally sponsored non-profit, sponsored by the 501(c)(3) Ushahidi Inc., which is incorporated in Florida, USA.
Ushahidi Inc registered address is:
12472 Lake Underhill Road, No. 330
Orlando FL 32828
Collection And Use Of Information
Data Collected or Received from You:
Our primary goals in collecting information are:
- to provide and improve our Services,
- to administer your use of the Services (including your Account, if you are an Account holder),
- to provide you with updates, security alerts and support and administrative notices,
- To validate your identity and distribute funds to qualified recipients, and
- to otherwise enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services.
Personally Identifiable Information. If you use our services we may collect certain information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, email address, profile photo, last four digits of your social security number, location and phone number (“PII”).
Applicant Information. If you submit as an application to use our Services we will collect PII. We collect this information for two reasons: 1) to verify your identity, 2) to qualify that you are eligible to receive funding based on our eligibility requirements.
“Web Beacons” (also known as Web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on our Services for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to track and measure the performance of our Services, to monitor how many visitors view our Services, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on the user’s hard drive, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an e-mail).
The Ways We Use Your Information
A.R.T uses your data in various ways to provide our Services to you. The use of this data depends on how you interact with our Services:
How you interact with A.R.T
- Visit our websites
- Contact support
- Apply for funding
- Sign up for marketing
How A.R.T uses your data
- We use your data to track how our site is performing and see how users use the site.
- If you fill our a form on the website we use your data to respond to you enquiry, or deliver the services requested.
- We send your personal information to our support system. When you submit a support request we use this to respond to you, and to see what Services you use.
- We use your data to validate your identity and to qualify that you meet the eligibility requirements. Also if you are selected as a donor, we might use your application video or content on our website as promotional material.
- We use your data to send you relevant marketing materials
Why we use personal data
- We maintain tracking data to improve our website.
- To effectively respond to your requests we need some personal data.
- To help you with your enquiries we need to be able to contact you and understand what services you have access to.
- To qualify you as eligible. And to spread the word of the program to others.
- We use your personal data to send customized and relevant messages to you
When we collect personal data
- When you visit a page on our website.
- When you input data into a form on the website.
- We collect your personal information when you first sign up for a user account.
- We collect information when you fill out the survey.
- We collect your name and email when you subscribe to our email newsletters or sign up for our Services.
Information That We Share With Third Parties
We will not share any PII that we have collected from or regarding you except as described below:
Information Shared with Our Services Providers. We may engage third-party services providers to work with us to administer and provide the Services. These third-party services providers have access to your PII only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf and are expressly obligated not to disclose or use your PII for any other purpose.
Without limiting the foregoing, we utilize the following services, among others, to gather information about how our users engage with our Services:
- Payment processing application and ID verification
- Conduct identity verification. Payment tool to direct deposit funds to awarded donors
- A suite of analytics tools
- To analyze information about how users engage with our Services in order to improve them
- You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Google G Suite
- Email office software
- To communicate, survey and exchange documents with our customers
- Email marketing platform
- Pushing newsletters and marketing materials to users
- Cloud form platform
- To receive support requests, requests for services and to collect customer surveys about our Services
- Cloud hosting and services platform
- To host our Services, as well our website, as backups, monitoring
- Enterprise communications application
- To communicate with our staff and customers about our Services
Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions. Information that we collect from our users, including PII, is considered to be a business asset. Thus, if we are acquired by a third party as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale or if our assets are acquired by a third party in the event we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, some or all of our assets, including your PII, may be disclosed or transferred to a third party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate: (i) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas); (ii) to protect our property, rights and safety and the property, rights and safety of a third party or the public in general; and (iii) to stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Information Shared with Other Users. The information you list about yourself or choose to upload on our Services, including, but not limited to, your profile photo, website, location, contact information and your name, may be published and viewable to other users of the Services. In some circumstances, you may adjust the permissions on your posts to make them private or to limit their visibility to others. Outside of these circumstances, posting or updating any content on our Services is a public action, and all content may be publicly visible by other users of the Services. Public identification of all contributed content may include, but is not limited to, display of your Account name and your location.
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use and sharing of your PII and we’ll respect the choices you make. Please note that if you decide not to provide us with the PII that we request, you may not be able to access all of the features of the Services.
Opt-Out. We may periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote our Services. When you receive such promotional communications from us, you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” (either through your Account or by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive).
If you would like to delete your account completely, contact us at [email protected].
Modifying Your Information. If you have an Account, you can access and modify the PII associated with your Account. You can also delete your Account at any time. Editing your content or deleting your Account may alter the displayed state of the content, but will not permanently delete the content from our Services and some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law. If you would like your data permanently deleted contact us at [email protected].
Responding To Do Not Track Signals
Our Sites do not have the capability to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from various web browsers.
The Security Of Your Information
We take reasonable administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect the information that we collect from or about you (including your PII) from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information. For more information about how we keep your data secure see our Data Security documentation.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Application data A.R.T application data - including name, contact, identity, banking, and all other application data - are retained as long as the program exists and you are in the qualified application pool. If you do not qualify as a potential applicant, all application data will be deleted. If you wish your deployment deleted entirely, contact [email protected].
Donor data A.R.T donor data - including name, contact info, and donation date - are retained as long as the program exists. This data is retained for financial auditing purposes and to send proof of tax deductible donation.
Support requests If you contact our support team - through [email protected] or the in application chat - we retain those messages indefinitely, unless you request we delete them.
Links To Other Sites
Your PII may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you’re located outside the United States and choose to provide your PII to us, we may transfer your PII to the United States and process it there.
Our Policy Toward Children
Our Services are not directed to children under 16 and we do not knowingly collect PII from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected PII of a child under 16 we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.