How It Works
The mission of Artist Rescue Trust is to provide relief funding to musicians and artists totaling $1,500 over three months and amplify their stories, performances and art to the world.
We invite eligible musicians and artists who are facing financial complications from cancelled events and bookings to fill out the application form to be considered. Qualifying applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be entered into a pool. A new fund recipient will be randomly selected from the qualified pool each time $1500 is donated to A.R.T. We are accepting applications through June 30th, 2020 (form closes at 11:59pm EST) at which point we will pause to assess and reflect on, 1) the status of COVID-19 and its economic effects. 2) The impact of this program to date.
- Be 18+
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident in the United States, District of Columbia, or U.S. Territories (e.g. citizen, green card holder, and/or permanent resident who can provide a W9 and SSN or ITIN).
- Be a professional, actively practicing musician or artist whose primary source of income is made through live performances, tours, gallery openings, book tours/readings, or other bookings/events and not working on a regular salary basis for one employer.
- Demonstrate a commitment to current and ongoing activity in their artistic discipline/s.
- Show a demonstrated need for emergency relief to recover the immediate loss of income through cancellations and bookings due to COVID19.
- Not be enrolled in unemployment benefits.
- Not a full-time employee, board member, director, officer, or immediate family member of any of the coalition partners;
- Not previously awarded a relief grant from this fund.
The bare minimum percentage of funds donated (estimated about 9% depending on whether donors cover their own processing fees) will be used to cover only essential direct costs to maintain the integrity of the project. These include non-profit financial administration (tax reporting, insurance, accounting), technology to administer ID checks and the distribution of funds, and bank processing/transaction fees. A.R.T does not take any fees to cover staff time, travel, marketing. All human effort on this project has been volunteered.